The Karnataka Planters’ Association (KPA) is the apex plantation decision making body in the state comprising of members with Coffee, Tea, Pepper, Cardamom & Rubber plantations. The members’ plantations are situated in the planting Districts of Chikmagalur, Kodagu, Hassan, Chamrajnagar and Dakshina Kannada.
- The Karnataka Planters’ Association was established in 1958.
- The KPA is an Association of Persons comprising of: plantation growers, firm members, companies and personal members with plantation interests.
- The members’ plantations are situated in the Districts of Chikmagalur, Kodagu, Hassan, Chamrajnagar and Dakshina Kannada.
- It is a non-profit organization committed to representing, promoting and initiating actions in the interest of the Plantation Industry in Karnataka.
- It aims to achieve, through proactive reforms in policy and management, a globally competitive plantation industry and actively participate in wildlife and ecological dialogue.
- The KPA works through building partnerships and alliances with State and Central Governments, private and business entities.
- Its Secretariat is situated in Chikmagalur.
The following are the main objects of the Association as per the KPA Rules:
- To promote and protect in all parts of the world, the interests of the plantation industry carried on in Karnataka.
- To promote or guide legislative and other measures affecting such industries and to make representations to Local, State or other authorities on matters connected with these objects or any of them.
- To collect, classify, circulate and publish statistics and other information relating to such industries.
- To communicate with Planting Associations, Chambers of Commerce, Employers’ Federations, Trade Unions and other mercantile and public bodies throughout the world, and concert and promote measures connected with these objects or any of them.
- To advise, represent or assist members on labour, planting, taxation and commercial matters.
- To disseminate knowledge about plantation crops and the industry to its members